Sunday, February 13, 2011

Little Joe II - Introduction

My next project is going to be the Estes 1/100 scale "Little Joe II" (Kit#0892). This kit was fairly short lived in the Estes catalog; it was available only for 2 years - 1991 & 1992. So that means this kit is approximately 20 years old. The parts all seem to be in good shape (sorry, no photo). I probably won't be using the decals (more on this later), but there is no yellowing on any of the paper components. This is probably thanks to the fact that it's been sitting in a box for most it's life.





This is a much simpler kit than the U.S.S. Atlantis was, but it still has some "tricky" parts to it. For this project, I won't be doing a step by step exhaustive blog on every detail of construction. Instead, I will be giving more general type updates as construction progresses and I might take time to point out an area where I had difficulty or discovered a "gotchya". As with the U.S.S Atlantis build, I will try to include lots of pics in each blog entry. Hopefully we can get this one done in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment