Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Little Joe II - Engine Mount and Sanding Details Off of Capsule

Ok, so as I said in the introduction for this kit, I'm not going to do a seperate entry for each construction step as I did with the U.S.S. Atlantis. I'm just going to post progress as it happens, in the order it happens...





As with most kits, we start with the engine mount. This one is only different by way of it's size. It's a T engine mount for mini engines. Other than that it's just a straight forward engine mount. I used CA glue for the centering rings. I might add an epoxy fillet over the CA, but I haven't yet.





One thing the instructions said to do was to remove all of the surface detail that is molded into the Apollo capsule. It is the same capsule mold that is used for the Saturn-1B and Saturn V kits. However the Little Joe's had simulated Apollo capsules that were smooth. In the above picture I've removed all of the detail, sanded out the major scratches and put down a primer coat and sanded it all smooth. It's now ready for paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment