Monday, March 14, 2011

Painting Woes

I can no longer recommend Rustoleum Ultracoat spraypaint. The first can I bought was for the Atlantis project and it worked fine. However the last 3 cans I've tried have been absolute garbage!





This was the results I got on the original Little Joe II body tube painted with the first can. Everything was fine. Paint went on smooth with no issues. When that can ran out, I bought another 2 at Ace Hardware. However the results from the 2nd can were horrible. Gritty gunk everywhere. I took it back and exchanged it and got better results, but still not as good as the first can. The surface wasn't gritty but certainly wasn't glass smooth like the first can produced. So I tried the 3rd can...





Here is the result from the 3rd can. By far the worst yet. All these cans were used in similar environmental conditions (about 68 degrees and dry) and I used the exact same technique in all cases.


I will now be returning all of the Rustoleum I have purchased and exchanging it for good ol' Krylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment